New report shows that exclusion costs companies over $1 trillion annually by not having inclusive work cultures
According to a new report by Accenture, American companies leave $1.05 trillion on the table annually by not having inclusive work cultures. This is driven by the cost of high turnover rates, low productivity and low employee engagement.
The report highlights some critical challenges for organizations:
- There is a disconnect between employees’ and employers’ perceptions.
- The cost of exclusion is rarely quantified at organizations.
- The status-quo mindset continues to prevent inclusion.
There is Disconnect Between Employees’ and Employers’ Perceptions
Leaders often overweight areas of inclusion, while employees who experience the everyday acts of exclusion often rate inclusion much lower. The new report shows roughly a two-to-three times percentage-point difference in perceptions of inclusion from employees to employers.
- Sixty-eight percent of employers feel they have work environments where their staff can be themselves, raise concerns and innovate without fear of failure, but just 36% of employees agree.
- Seventy-six percent of leaders say…
At Next Pivot Point we have lots of resources to help you facilitate successful diversity and inclusion initiatives. Schedule some time with our team today to discuss where to start or how to do better. You can also check out:
- Our available workshop topics for developing inclusive leaders.
- Our Train the Trainer programs for scalability within your organization
- Our Right-Sized DEI micro-content packages for consistent small-drip content throughout the year.